Tuesday, February 27, 2007

So, I started the process of collecting T.V.s. I have 18 already so i only need 3 more. I also am trying to find DVD players. I met with Dana, my SIM teacher and he told me how to actually get this project on a role. So thats basically what I need to do. I am signing out the Installation room, and the week i get back from Spring Break I'm basically going to finish up the project, and then bring in the dancers. I've decided that they dancers are not actually going to be dancing. Maybe I'll have them under a white sheet moving slowly, and then all of a sudden these threads of yard start seeping from underneath the sheet, and they start pulling them from one end of the sheet to the other. Maybe the sheet is transparent so you can actually see them moving. I think while the videos are progressing slowly continuously, i will have them make subtle movements but once the malfunction hits the strings or fabric ( I think it would be good if they could rip the fabric and have it make that ripping noise) will split and they will need to actually start trying to combine them together, making new connections, ect. Anyways, I want the whole thing to really be very aesthetically beautiful. I want the T.V.s to sort of make a sculptural landscape behind or in between the dancers. I think that the aesthetic qualities will need to be worked out with the dancers in the room. As far as the technical aspects go, the easiest solution is to actually plug and un plug the t.vs. as they are playing, there will be some flickering gliches from unplugging but i dont think it will take away from the piece.

No comments: